- Who is the data controller?
Data controller identity:
SEAT, S.A.U. with Tax Identification number A-28049161 (referred to “CUPRA”)
Autovía A-2, Km. 585, Martorell (Barcelona, Spain)
- What personal data do we process, how do we use it and what is the legal basis?
- Purposes of the processing of personal data:
It is required to create a user account to use Metahype. Therefore, CUPRA will need to process your personal data when creating and customises your Avatar for using the services offered by Metahype. The processing purposes associated with your data include also the following purposes:
- Participation and event management
- Wallet and NFTs management
- Sending of commercial communications about Metahype events.
- Presentation of Metahype and CUPRA's products and services.
- Social media and other marketing purposes.
- Type of personal data: CUPRA will process your personal data, and these are the information that allows us to identify you. Therefore, it includes information that is specifically attributable to you. CUPRA will process your personal data in accordance with the respective description of the functions or services you use from Metahype. Personal data we will process are classified into:
Identification and contact data: which includes, for example, your name, surname, date and place of birth, e-mail, password, language, Gender, post code, country…
Information related to the use of your account in
: logins/logouts, districts registered or visited, comments and interactions, friendships, Hype number…
Information related to your Avatar: CUPRA will process the information related to your Avatar provided by the Legal Entity owner of the Avatar: READY PLAYER ME.
Information related to the Wallet ID associated to your user account.: CUPRA will process the information related to your Wallet.
Additional information that you have provided about you in relation with the services offered in Metahype.
CUPRA is not intended for storing or 'special categories' of personal data, such as details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, health information.
- How we collect personal data: Different personal data is collected in different ways:
- Personal data you provide to us, for example, when you complete the user and create your avatar)
- Personal data we collect automatically, for example, your browser type, IP address, usage, and patterns. CUPRA collect this data using cookies.
- Legal basis: CUPRA obtain your personal data from you and further handle them only in the necessary scope and to achieve a certain purpose. Below, we list the lawful bases stipulated by the legislation based on which we are authorised to process your personal data. The principal bases for the processing of your personal data include the following:
- Consent: CUPRA will process your personal data only if you have agreed to it being the legal basis your consent (art. 6.1. a) GDPR).
- Storage period: The data will be process while you are considered an active user of Metahype. After being inactive for two years, your data will be blocked for 3 years being completely deleted after this period.
- Who are the recipients of my personal data?
Your privacy is important for us. The disclosure of your personal data to third parties only will take place in compliance with the appropriate legal obligations. However, taking in consideration that Metahype is a shared environment between other companies, CUPRA will disclose you user account with each of them in case you are interested to get into their districts. Please read and confirm the applicable legal requirements and Privacy Policies before entering into other Companies’ districts.
On the other hand, CUPRA will give access to third parties to your data acting as data processors for the purpose to be able of offering the services of Metahype. These third parties will process the personal data always on our behalf and in accordance with our instructions. One of these service providers is Salesforce who have its head office in the United States. The possibility cannot be excluded that (read) access to this data can be obtained from the United States of America. A corresponding EU standard data protection agreement (as a guarantee for data processing in non-EU countries) was concluded with Salesforce to ensure that your personal data is sufficiently protected.
- International Transfer of personal data
Your Data will be processed within the European Economic Area. Should we transfer your data outside the European economic Area to a country which the European Commission does not deem to have adequate data privacy laws, we will ensure that such transfer(s) are in accordance with applicable data privacy laws. CUPRA will at all times take the necessary legal, technical and organizational measures to ensure the protection and security of your data.
- What are your rights as data subject?
You can exercise the following rights:
- Access: you can obtain from CUPRA confirmation as to whether your personal data are being processed and access to your personal data.
- Rectification: you can obtain the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you. You also have the right to have incomplete personal data completed.
- Erasure: you can request the deletion of your personal data when, among others, the personal data are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed.
- Object: you can object to the processing of your personal data. CUPRA will no longer process your personal data unless it has compelling legitimate grounds for the processing or for the establishment, exercise, or defence of legal claims.
- Restriction of processing: you can request the restriction of the processing of your personal data where one of the following grounds applies:
- The accuracy of the personal data is contested by you, for a period enabling CUPRA to verify the accuracy of such data.
- The processing is unlawful, and you oppose the erasure of your personal data and request the restriction of their use instead.
- CUPRA no longer needs your personal data for the purposes of the processing, but they are required by the data subject for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- You have objected to the processing, pending the verification whether CUPRA’s legitimate grounds override yours.
- Portability: you can receive the personal data that you provided to CUPRA in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format. You can also have these data transmitted to another controller.
- Consent withdrawal: you can withdraw your consent at any time. Your consent withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
You can exercise these rights by submitting a written request to SEAT, S.A.U., Autovía A-2 Km. 585, Martorell (Barcelona) or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Your request must specify the right you wish to exercise. The exercise of these rights is free of charge. Should you consider CUPRA has not processed your personal data in accordance with applicable law, you can lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority.
You can manage your personal data at any time by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. Our data protection officer is your contact person for matters relating to data protection, you can get in touch with him by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Version: April 2023